Friday, December 5, 2008

The week after Thanksgiving.

Every year the week after Thanksgiving Chad goes back to Boston for a work meeting.  This year the girls are approaching their period of dis-equilibrium between the ages of one and two.  They are so funny, but have been a lot of work lately.  Emma is teething like mad.  I discovered a molar the other day that I think has been there for nearly a month.  But she doesn't have all of her front teeth so I never thought she would have a molar.  Today I noticed her upper left molar is coming through.  The poor girl is in so much pain.  Her tooth looks bruised, I panicked and called the nurse and she informed me it was blood vessels forming what is like a blood blister on her gums.  I don't know what is going on with Madeline, but she doesn't want to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time.  On Tuesday night I had to hose her down in our shower at 11:30 pm (I will spare you the details), it sent her into such a frenzy she didn't go to bed until 2 and then was up at 5:30.  Last night she woke up around 11 came into my bed with me and decided she wanted a drink of water.  I gave her the glass but was still holding on to it to help her. Well, she didn't like that and yanked the glass back and dumped water all over her head which then startled her so she threw the rest of the water on me.  So there we were in bed soaking wet, she was screaming and I was laughing.  She didn't go to bed until 1 and was back in bed with me at 4:30.  I am so excited for Chad to get home tonight.  I think I need a week in a hotel room. BTW, Madi is up now playing in Papi's water bowl.  It is almost 10 o'clock.  I have given up. 

Even though we have had a challenging week, there have been good times too.  Auntie Kendra was here all weekend and on Sunday watched the girls for me so I could do some shopping with my friend Katie.  She took the girls to the park and got some great shots.  I also got my good lens back this week and will once again start taking pictures. 

IMG_5182 IMG_5190 IMG_5202 

On Wednesday afternoon I took the girls to the Heady's so I could have an adult conversation and the girls could have a change of scenery.  The girls had a great time playing with Emerson and even more importantly I had a great time chatting with Katie and not worrying about entertaining the girls. 

borden_girls_012

Emma gearing up for battle.

 borden_girls_013

I think it's a little too big.

borden_girls_016

Maybe it will fit mommy better.

 borden_girls_018

I think I know someone else who sticks their tongue out like this...Hmmm daddy

 borden_girls_026

Time to go home and go to bed, for three hours at least.

Okay, now it is 10:05 and Madi is trying to get me to put on her Patagonia jacket.  Chad should be home any minute.  YEA!!!

No comments: