Sunday, December 14, 2008

Here we go again...

Last night it was Emma's turn to entertain us at night.  The girls went to be around 6 and I don't think Emma ever fell asleep.  At 9:00 she was still whining so Chad went up and got her.  She came down stairs and had the happiest little smirk on her face, I could just hear her saying "hah, it worked".  She wiggled her way off daddy's lap and stood there between the two couches.  She looked at me and shook her head yes, then looked at daddy and shook her head yes.  Neither of us knew what she was saying yes to until she grabbed the piece of pizza off of daddy's plate.  So she wasn't saying "yes" as in agreement, she was saying "yes?" as in a question.  She was so happy running around the house eating her slice of pizza and making sure Papi didn't get it.  She took that piece of pizza through the family room, living room, kitchen, sent it down the slide and took it in her rocking chair.

"mmmm pizza how come I don't get this more often?"

IMG_5402

Wondering into the kitchen with my pizza

IMG_5420

"I wonder if I can take this thing with me on the slide?" 

IMG_5414

Notice the pizza on the step

IMG_5431

And then on top

 IMG_5433

"oops, down it goes, better go after it before Papi gets it."

 IMG_5436

 IMG_5427

(This activity reoccurred three times)

"let's try eating it in the rocking chair"

IMG_5439 

Back to the kitchen for some water.  "oh good, it's still there"

IMG_5443

"Uh oh, mommy left the cabinet unlocked.  I can fix it"

 IMG_5445

"Wait, I have to check on my pizza, okay still there"

 IMG_5446

"Forget the lock, here comes Papi.  No Papi!"

IMG_5448

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

So all the while, when this entertainment was taking place, the snow was falling and we didn't even know it.  Emma finally gave up the slice of pizza and headed to bed.  Daddy went to bed too and mommy went to work.  I took the laptop into Chad's office so I could sit and concentrate and not be tempted to sit on the couch and procrastinate.  When I walked into the office I saw that our cars were covered with snow.  I had no idea.  I love the snow.  Before I could start grading papers, I had to try and take a few pictures. 

IMG_5455 IMG_5457 IMG_5465 We are two for two, last year the day we got our Christmas tree we also got the first snow of the season. 

No comments: