Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

Yesterday we spent a wonderful Thanksgiving in Gig Harbor at Nana and Papa's house.  Auntie Kendra, Auntie Katie and Uncle Ryan were there too.  We spent the day watching football and had a delicious turkey dinner.  Then we headed back up to Seattle.  Auntie Kendra came over and stayed the night.  We put the girls to bed and the three of us enjoy a few glasses of wine and hung out.  This morning I woke up at 8:30 with Chad still asleep next to me and realized the girls were already downstairs.  Auntie Kendra was awesome and got the girls up for us.  So as I laid there it dawned on me that I really am one of the luckiest moms in the world.  I have two adorable and fun little girls, but even more than that I have an army of people that love them all around us.  I think I have to apologize to everyone when I say that being a mom of twins can be easy and so fun most of the time.  Don't get me wrong we have our moments, but overall, I have to say that this gig is more fun and definitely easier than I ever imagined.  And I owe all of that to Chad, the Aunties, the Uncles, and the Grandparents.   Not only does Chad work harder than anyone I have ever met, he comes home and is an amazing father, cook, cleaner, laundry doer and dog owner.  He helps out so much it gives me time to really enjoy the girls.  And then there are the Aunties who are always so willing to watch the girls and give Chad and I some couple time.  And Nana and Papa who in the first year of the girls' life have watched them for days at a time so Chad and I can go on vacations.  I have a lot to be thankful for.

IMG_5111 

Emma is thankful she has such a tasty thumb.

 IMG_5108

Madi is thankful she has a sister to rough up.

IMG_5129

And thankful for books and jackets.

 IMG_5135

Emma and the bird.

IMG_5142

Madi checking out the bird.

IMG_5133 

Emma stuffing her mouth full of stuffing.  Yum

 giddy up

Emma riding Giddy Up.

No comments: