Saturday, August 16, 2008

Water Babies and Smarty Pants

Water Babies

The girls LOVE water. They love baths, they love pools, they even love water in lobster pots. Today was in the mid 90's and after driving home from GH I wasn't prepared to take the girls to the park or the pool. So we made do. Papi has a wading pool but it is too dirty for the girls and if I bought one for the girls it would be taken over by the dog. I decided the next best thing was to fill the lobster pot with water. The girls loved it.

Emma waterMadi water

On Thursday I met Becky and the boys at a pool in Kirkland. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera. Madeline turned into a fish right before my eyes. I don't think I have ever seen that girl have so much fun. She was in her element. Poor Emma wasn't feeling well, she is getting all 4 top teeth so she took a nap in the stroller. I was able to take Madeline into the big pool for the very first time. She was splashing and kicking and dunking her face away. I can't wait to do it again and take Emma.

Smarty Pants

Around the time the girls turned 8 months I started working on sign language with them. Only a few signs, but ones I thought would help down the road. We have worked on milk, more, all done, eat, and no. They have definitely shown that they understand the signs sometimes. And every once in a while I am able to get them both to do "milk". But these last couple of days Madi has undoubtedly been doing "more". She even makes a sound that almost sounds like "more", she puckers her lips and makes the mmmm sound. She is so proud of herself. You can see in this video and see that Emma is more interested in playing with her spoon then showing off what she can do. Emma is very good at "all done", her extra food usually ends up on the floor.

BTW, no more progress on the walking front. The girls have decided it just isn't for them. They much rather crawl or have momma and dadda carry them.

No comments: