Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 5th

Besides being Auntie Kiersten's birthday, August 5th is also the day that Emma Jenkins Borden came home and officially moved into 6529 32nd Ave.

On this day last year, Chad went to the Mariner's/Red Sox game with our friend Brian even though we knew Emma was coming home. Chad came to the hospital with me around 10 then took a cab down to the stadium. After sitting around for a while the nurse kept asking if he was coming. I was too embarrassed to tell her that I let him go to a baseball game. I didn't want her to think that he didn't care about his daughter coming home. He did, it's just that it was a day game and it sounded like fun. I just told the nurse that he was at a work thing, but then when he and Brian showed up at the hospital with little M's hats for the girls my little white lie came out. Although, Brian is a work friend so it wasn't a complete lie. I am sure there was a little work talk going on. Then on the way home we had no food, so her first stop was QFC. I am sure everyone was looking at us like we were nuts to bring a tiny 5lb baby into the grocery store. On the way home from the NICU of all places. In fact we were a little nuts, I can't believe we did that, what was I thinking? Oh yeah, I wasn't. I wasn't in the sharpest state of mind back then.

Emma in daddy's car all alone.

Emma asleep at just 3 weeks old.

Emma asleep at 1 year old. All stretched out.

This was taken at 10am on Sunday morning, I was so excited that my little girl was sleeping in like her mommy. This wasn't a nap, she hadn't been up for the day yet.

No comments: