Saturday, August 9, 2008

August 7th

Was two days ago. And was the day we brought Madeline Sophia Borden home from the hospital to join her sister, her puppy and her mother and father at 6529 32nd Ave.

So here is Madeline's coming home story... I woke up the morning of the 7th and got my self ready to go visit Madeline in the hospital. It was a Tuesday and as of Monday we were told that we could expect Madeline to come home on Wednesday. Well when I showed up at the hospital for Madeline's 10am feeding the nurse told me she was ready to go home. I was very pleasantly surprised and a little in shock. I wasn't expecting that at all! So I called Chad and had him pack up Emma and grab my camera and diaper bag. He showed up and after going through all the discharge proceedures, we were heading home as a family of 4. Well, at this point we realized we had 2 cars. Chad's car had the carseat bases in it so he took the girls and I followed. As we got closer to home it dawned on me that we had no food for lunch and that we probably wouldn't be going anywhere soon. So I made a turn into U Village for sandwiches and Chad headed home with the girls. When I walked in 20 minutes later I found Chad on the couch with both girls in his arms giving them bottles. He was amazing. I was the bad mother that missed Madeline's homecoming.


All unhooked from the monitors and waiting for the word to pack up and leave.
So tiny.



At one year with a mouth full of teeth.

No comments: