Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Seattle Center Fun

After an exhausting morning being tag teamed by the girls, we headed to Seattle Center to meet Katie and Emerson for some fun and to give me a break. After playing in the toddler area for a while we ventured outside to the large fountain. Madeline wanted nothing to do with it. Emma took a little while to warm up but then had fun running around with me. Thanks for getting us out of the house, Katie. I am not sure I would have made it until noon.

DSC_0787

Madi wouldn't even look at the fountain. DSC_0802

Emma and I had a lot of fun running around.

DSC_0811

Madi was very happy watching from the sidelines.

DSC_0830

So happy!

DSC_0825

I tried one more time with Madi and she was not letting go of me.

DSC_0832

The girls are more and more fun everyday and more and more work at the same time. They are getting too smart and capitalizing on every opportunity to act two. The minute I turn around, off they go; climbing on tables, grabbing things off the counters, emptying the wipes all over the floor... I could go on and on. This morning I was trying to change Madi's diaper and Emma was trying to pull out all of the wipes. I was playing keep away and trying to clean a Madi's bottom at the same time. The girls were laughing so hard, and I felt completely out numbered. Saying "no" just escalates the situation. Anyone know how to discipline two two year olds at the same time? I have a feeling it is only going to continue. Thankfully summer is here and we can spend hours at all the great parks around us. Parks are the perfect distraction, it usually means a long nap afterwards.

No comments: