Monday, February 2, 2009

Forgive Me

I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

IMG_7191

This is last night.  I don't think they wanted to go to bed after the excitement of the Super Bowl so they sat behind the door and fell asleep.  I could barely get in the room.  Shortly after putting them back in bed, it was time for Daddy and I to go to bed.  Emma hit her head pretty hard on the granite in the kitchen and had a large goose egg, so we decided it would be better for all to have her sleep in our bed.  Apparently we have lost our status and are now second class.  Emma (aka Momma's girl) no longer wants to snuggle with us, she wants to snuggle with her sister.  As soon as we brought her into our room she got restless, after a little while I asked if she wanted to go sleep with Goo and she shook her head "yes".  I took her back to her room and laid her down next to Madi and she didn't make a sound.  So cute, and so sad.  Mommy is no longer #1. 

IMG_7192

This is tonight, and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it for myself.  I went to go check on them before going to bed and this is how I found them.  Sacked out both with their hands behind their heads.  I wish you could see their cute little feet dangling off the side but as soon as I took this picture Emma rolled over. 

I hope this bond lasts forever. 

A quick update on the transition to toddler beds at 18 months:

One of the best decisions I have made.  Last night was the only night they fell asleep on the floor and not in a bed.  Bedtime is almost easier, a lot less crying and they seem to fall asleep faster.  Nap time still needs to be separate, they just want to play together.  For some reason though, they get that bed time is bed time as long as they have each other. 

4 comments:

thuriks said...

They are so cute. I am glad you are happy with your decision & that it is working so well!

thuriks said...

They are so cute. I am glad you are happy with your decision & that it is working so well!

Boyer Family In Seattle said...

Keep posting them! Funny & adorable all at the same time:) I see the bug jammies:) Cuter on Emma than Brody!

Linda said...

Courtney, Your blog is amazing as are your daughters. They are absolutely beautiful!!! Linda S.