Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A slow week

I know I am usually updating this thing every other day or so, this week has just been slow. It must be the gross weather we are having here in the NW. For every week of sun we get we have to have a week of grey skies, I guess it's just how it goes.
Let's see, this week Emma took a few steps. Only 1 step on three different occasion. We're getting closer. Madeline will free stand for minutes (I'm serious) at a time but shows no interest in trying to take a step. She did finally discover the lion and she will walk behind that. But let's remember that all this non walking stuff is absolutely fine by me, I am afraid of what two little runners will do to me.

We ventured over to Ballard on Saturday for the Seafood Fest. I forgot the CF card for my camera so I didn't get any pictures. It was okay, not very big. We were done walking around in under an hour.

The basement shower decided to sprout a leak on Tuesday night. Or at least show us that it had been leaking. After a phone call to Papa, and some rigging with a water bottle and painter's tape we were okay until I could call someone in the morning. Thankfully we still have a good relationship with the handyman who helped build our house and he was able to come over and take a look. After taking the thing apart he ran out to the plumber store and returned with a new part. Put the thing back together and we are as good as new. The good news is that because it was in the basement, the water inside the wall just ran into the dirt under the house. No water damage to the walls or floor. Isn't home ownership fun.

Here are a couple pics from the last few days.
Papi really is a pretty dog and has calmed down a lot since turning two.

No comments: