Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My oh my, time flys by

One year ago this morning I was working on my 21st day of hospital bedrest. After my 14th ultrasound Dr. Faulkner was ready to see if the girls were healthy enough to join us in this world. I got up early and was wheeled down for one last ultrasound and amnio to check the girls' lungs. That was not fun, I had a 9 inch needle poked into my belly twice! Then rushed back up stairs for one last meal, or what I thought was going to be my last meal. The lungs checked out and Dr. Faulkner called the OR to see if she could squeeze me in that afternoon. Well, the OR was booked so she put me on the books for 8am Wednesday morning the 18th of July. I remember calling Chad and telling him we were having our babies, and also to hurry up with my lunch thinking it would be the last thing I ate for 24 hours. Luckily because I ended up being scheduled for the following morning, I was allowed to eat dinner as well. Chad and I both took a few deep breaths and tried to wrap our minds around what the near future held for us. I don't think either of us were prepared for what it has become. I sent Chad home that night to get a good night sleep and I too with the help of some ambien snuggled in my oh so comfortable hospital bed for one last night of rest.
Kiersten pregnant with Molly born July 29th, and me with the girls in my hospital room on July 7th, 2007. Kiersten was 4 weeks more pregnant than me and clearly had a smaller belly. Wow, amazing that I can't remember what it felt like to be that big. I still imagine it being a wonderful thing, but know in my head it was impossible to get comfortable.

No comments: