Friday, March 12, 2010

While Momma’s away the girls will play

Or should I say “While momma’s away, Nana will lose control”.

Sunday morning I boarded a plane to Las Vegas to help Papa work the WPPI trade show.  Chad, Grammy, and Grampy took the girls to Nana’s so she could watch them while daddy was working during the week.  The girls do so well with Nana.  The are so comfortable there and have already learned that when you are at Nana’s you can eat as many peanut butter and crackers as you want.  Papa is a peanut butter and Ritz cracker snacker so when the girls are there they get to enjoy the delicious snack as well. On Tuesday morning, Nana called me and said, “I have lost control!”  Then went on to ask if it is okay for two year olds to live on peanut butter and crackers and yogurt.  Apparently they only wanted peanut butter and crackers and yogurt for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I also got to talk to the girls for the first time on the phone.  They talk to daddy on the phone all the time but since I am always with them or only away for a couple of hours they have never spoken to me on the phone.  It was a little weird.  You could hear Madi’s voice get sad when she was talking to me which of course made me cry. Then Emma got on with the happiest voice and said, “Hi Momma!!!  Momma working with Papa and Auntie Kengra!?”  She was very happy and secure with the situation which made me feel so blessed. 

Dear Nana,

Thank you Nana for taking such great care of them.  You are a trooper.  The girls are wild and crazy every waking hour of the day.  It is exhausting to keep up with them.  I have a hard time taking care of them when Chad is out of town and they are my own kids, I can only imagine how tired you must have been at the end of each day, being there alone with them.  I do wish I could have been a fly on the wall as you got them in and out of the backseat of the honda, or took them through the grocery store.  It is a circus and I am sure you did it all with grace.  We are so very blessed to have you as our Nana. 

Now on to the few pics Nana was able to take…P3090912 Climbing in the doll house, at bedtime of course. 

P3100917 Standing on the piano keys. 

Just a little taste of the circus that is Madeline and Emma.

 

No comments: