Thursday, December 31, 2009

Santa Pictures

Monday, December 21st we headed downtown to meet Nana, Kiersten, Caroline, Nicholas, and Molly to do Santa pictures at Nordstroms. We got there just before 9am and found out place in line.  The plan was to get pictures done, take the girls home and leave them with BB and daddy while I went back downtown to the dentist.  Well, our plan didn’t quite work out.  The line was longer than we thought and wasn’t moving very fast.  Next thing we knew, it was time for my dentist appointment.  Thankfully my dentist is one block from Nordstroms.  I put the girls in the stroller and Nana and I took them for a walk down the block where I slyly handed the stroller off to Nana and snuck away.  So while I was sitting in a dentist chair BB and Nana were in charge.  Auntie Katie showed up just as I was leaving so they had reinforcements.  I was hoping to be done before it was time to take pictures but I missed it.  When I met up with everyone they just kept telling me the girls did great.  “Madi sat in the chair and Emma sat on the rocking horse.”  When they said Madi sat, I of course assumed she sat ON Santa. But thinking back, no one ever said “sat ON Santa”.  They also said I would just have to wait to see the pictures every time I asked about the girls crying or freaking out.  All I got was “they did great”.  So for the last two weeks I have been walking around talking about how great my girls did with Santa because I wasn’t there.  They always seem to do better when I’m not around; no mommy to hang on so they step it up.  Well, today I got the pictures in the mail and the truth came out.

Top

You will have to excuse the quality, I scanned this on Chad’s B & W scanner, printer thing.  Not the best, but you can see the picture of “Madi sitting in the chair and Emma on the rocking horse”.  It will be a fun Santa picture to look back on as the girls grow up. 

1 comment:

kiersten said...

oh i love it!!!! It was just too good of a secret for me to spill the beans. I only wish I could have been there to see the look on your face when you opened it!!!