Friday, December 4, 2009

Nana and Papa to the rescue!

I am so thankful to have the parents I have.  For the last 32.5 years they have bailed me out, rescued me, stood by me and given me advice.  This last week was a little crazy. Chad was out of town on business and I had two student teacher observations I needed to do.  Not a big deal but when I go to observe I have to find someone to watch the girls.  This is where Nana has stepped in.  So on eight different occasions in the last three months I have packed up the girls and taken them to Nana and Papas to stay the night so I can get up early and go do my job.  On Tuesday night, I packed up the girls and all their gear.  I went to pack the car and noticed my trunk was soaking wet.  After further investigation I discovered about 2-3 inches of water in the spare tire compartment in my car.  Of course I freak out but we needed to get to Gig Harbor.  So we drive down to Gig Harbor and get settled.  In the morning Papa got up and broke out the shop vac.  He went to work sucking up all the water and cleaning all the seats.  The water was everywhere, under the seats, in the floor of the trunk, and on the floor of the back seat.  It was a mess!  As soon as it was ready to go I scurried off to do my first observation.  After my observation in Fife I drove to Seattle to drop my car off at the dealership to have them figure out what was going on.  My car was hit in June and I think it is an unresolved issue that wasn’t noticed.  Now that we have had 6 weeks of rain, the bad seal decided to show itself.  After dropping off my car I had to go back to the house and grab Chad’s car, drive back to Gig Harbor and stay the night one more night so I could observe my student teacher in Federal Way in the morning.  Nana was awesome and took care of the girls while I did all of my running around.  Nana and Papa live about an hour away, not close enough to see them on a regular weekly basis but close enough to help us out when we need it.  And they are always willing to help us out.  They love the girls and I feel so blessed that the girls love them.  They are completely comfortable at Nana and Papa’s, making themselves at home as soon as we get there.  They know where all of their toys are and where they go when it is clean up time.  In the morning they get up and crawl right in bed with Nana and Papa to read books while they read the newspaper. It is so sweet to see them give huge hugs and kisses goodnight and good bye.  There really is an enormous amount of love in this family.  Thank you mom and dad for helping me out this week while Chad was gone.  I couldn’t have done it without you.

Okay now a long overdue Thanksgiving post…

For Thanksgiving we went to Nana and Papa’s.  Auntie Kendra and Steve were there too.  After dinner Auntie Katie and Uncle Ryan joined us for dessert.  It was a very relaxed Thanksgiving with a wonderful meal shared.  IMG_5401 IMG_5416 IMG_5424 IMG_5423

No comments: