Saturday, July 18, 2009

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Well, we made it 2 years and counting.  It has been the most incredible two years of our lives.  Look at these cuties, they are too much fun!

P7100070

To my dearest darling Madeline,

Two years ago today, you made me the happiest mommy in the world. In the past year you have grown into such an amazing little person. You still love to snuggle and I will never pass up a moment to snuggle with you. You are learning so much every minute of every day. I love watching your little brain at work. You have an incredible memory and get so excited when you do things on your own screaming “I did it” with a huge grin on your face. You have a lot of little habits that are too cute. Every morning you have your arms full with lamby, nigh night blankie and bears, then climb up on the couch, snuggle under your blankie and scream for milk. You sit there so happily watching Sesame Street or EE- I-OH. You are such a helpful and caring girl. Anytime Emma cries, you immediately go find bunny and bring it to her. When she falls you ask her “Are you OK?” You already have an opinion about what you want to wear; often changing your clothes two or three times a day, or running around naked. You are very good at taking your diaper off all by yourself even when mommy doesn’t want you to. Your favorite activity at the park is to swing. You will swing for hours, laughing and watching all the other kids around you. Recently you have discovered the joy of a sprinkler asking to run in the water even when the weather is crummy. You still love to read and have become very animated when you read yourself a story. I think you learn at least 10 new words a day, often repeating what I say then using it again later as if it has always been in your vocabulary. And you love the computer. All of these things are so fun to watch and see. I can’t get enough of your bright blue eyes, enormous smile and contagious laugh. You are my sweet little peanut, my tiny little goo. I love you with all my heart. I can’t wait to see what you learn this year.

I Love You ,

Mommy

 

To my dearest darling Emma,

On this day two years ago you came into the world and made me the luckiest mommy. It makes me so happy to think about how much you have grown and learned in the last year. You are so sweet and have no fear. Well, almost no fear. You are not afraid to try anything physical, often running, jumping and climbing all around. You are probably the strongest two year old I have ever seen. You constantly make me nervous and I often wonder “will today be the day we go to the ER for stitches or a broken bone?” I love watching you on the playground observing the bigger kids and often running off right behind them; your eyes just light up with amazement. In the last year, you have really come into your own. You communicate what you like and what you don’t. You don’t like the monkeys at the zoo, and you don’t like it when Madi tries to come too close or tries to take your toys. But you are very quick to share or to pick out two items, one for you and one for Madi. You are very thoughtful and love to help me around the house. I love to watch what you learn each day. You are learning new words and putting sentences together, practicing going potty, and listening to directions. You are a little person and not my baby any more. You absolutely adore your father. My favorite sight is watching you stand on the baseboards looking out the front window waiting for daddy to come up the steps, or when you stand at daddy’s office door and yell “hi dada”. You demand to go for walks with daddy and Papi almost every day. I don’t know who gets more excited, you or Papi. You will stand at the door shouting “WALK” until you are out the door and on your way. You make me laugh all day long, I can’t imagine my days without you. You are my sweet SE, my fearless little explorer. I love you with all my heart. What are you going to learn this year? I can’t wait to see.

I Love You,

Mommy

1 comment:

Linda said...

After being in the hospital the past few days, this was much needed therapy! What absolutely beautiful little girls you and Chad are blessed with. I have followed their adventures for almost 2 years and always look forward to the next one! Thanks for sharing! Linda S