Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's a Twin thing

Last night, I stayed up past my bedtime to work on organizing all the clothes the girls had grown out of.  I was really bad about just throwing them (literally throwing) into the guestroom closet.  The pile got a little out of control.  Anyhow, I came across a box of their keepsakes from when they were born and found a card that Tiffany Bucci gave me when the girls were born.  Tiffany has twin boys.  She made the card and had pasted this poem in it.

A Mother of Twins Truly Understands...

...two minds working together really are better than one. 

...the true meaning of "seek and destroy".

...there is no such thing as a quick errand.

...surround sound takes on a whole new meaning.

...twins are the only time a four feet addition can make your house seem smaller.

...watching two babies sleeping in identical positions is awesome.

...if you want an honest answer from your toddler twins as to which one put the gold fish in the potty...you will probably never know.

...four pattering feet followed by four twinkling eyes is an amazing way to wake up.

...trying to keep your house clean with toddler twins is like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

...two cups of the same color with the same juice are completely different...her's is better.

...there is no arguing between grandmothers, because they each have a baby to hold.

...two at a time may be a little more challenging, but it's a whole lot more fun!

This afternoon Emma woke up from her nap first. I got her out of the pack n play and started putting away the case of diapers.  When I came out of the room I found Emma sitting at the door to her room waiting for Madi.  I ran down stairs as fast as I could to grab the camera.  As soon as I took the picture of her sitting down she of course started moving. 

IMG_8694 IMG_8699 She can reach the door knob, but still hasn't completely figured out how to open it. 

No comments: