Thursday, September 18, 2008

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

The idea of buying new shoes for the girls has been in the back of my head for a while especially now that they are walking and the weather is turning.  I don't think it would look good if they were still walking around barefoot in October, wouldn't win me mother of the year.  My friend Amy told me about a great shoe store right down the street from our house called Shoe Zoo.  So this morning, I packed up the girls and decided to take them shoe shopping.  They have never had their feet measured and come to find out they should be wearing a size larger than I thought.  I was unaware of the amount of space they should have between their big toe and the end of the shoe. So their measurements ended up being a 4 for Madeline and a 3.5 for Emma.  The gentleman helping us was a SAINT.  Halfway through the process of picking out shoes and trying them on, Madeline got an upset stomach and couldn't calm down.  She was screaming her lungs out and was in apparent pain.  Emma was left to just run around the shoe store.  Thankfully it is a small, very friendly place.  I was able to leave Emma to her roaming and took Madi out to the car to change her diaper.  Finally she was calm enough to try on one more pair, then we made our purchases and headed out the door.

 IMG_3230

"I think I figured this out"

IMG_3235

"Yep, they pass the taste test"

 IMG_3237

"Giving my shoe some love"

IMG_3250

"Hmm, how fast can I go in these?"

 IMG_3279

"I can't wait to go outside and test these babies out"

IMG_3287

Lookin' good

No comments: