Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Weekend of Firsts

Well, the score is now 2-1. Emma has her first tooth. It started breaking through yesterday and by today if she let you in her mouth you could actually see it peeking up. I thought she would also start crawling this weekend as well. She can go forward a step or two then falls to her face.

Madi figured out that she could crawl for a while then stop and sit up all on her own, then back to crawling and back to sitting. She was very proud of herself. She also figured out how to pull herself up on her knees on the side of her crib. I am sure it will only be a day or two and she will be standing. I had to pull the rail of her crib up, just to be safe. We lowered the mattresses on Monday but kept the rails down, but now they are up and will stay up. They are growing up so fast.

A mother's little slice of heaven... Emma snuggled up and fell asleep in my lap tonight. I could have sat there for years just holding her and smelling her freshly washed baby hair. I wish I could bottle it up.

No comments: