Monday, July 18, 2016

NINE! Is it really halftime?




To my Dearest Darling Madeline,

Wow, this past year went fast.  I can’t believe all the ways that you have grown.  Second grade was a great year in school.  You worked so hard and learned so much.  You really seemed to enjoy school and your friends even more than before. You are still my sensitive one, with a need to understand all that is going on around you.  And you just want things to be simple and fair. You are also quite the thrill seeker and I am blown away by your love for roller coasters and fast rides.  Watching you at Disneyland was simply amazing.  You were so happy with everything that we did and all that was happening.  Riding in the front row of California Screamin’ was a memory I will never forget.  I can’t wait to take you on many more roller coasters as you get older.  I am so proud of the big girl that you are turning into.  I had so much fun watching you play sports this year.  Soccer, basketball and softball were so fun with wonderful team mates and friends.  Swim team has been such a great, fun thing for you.  I love watching you swim and overcome the nervousness that you feel before each meet.  You are beautiful gliding through the water and your smile at the end of practice and races says it all.  I think you found your thing; in the water where you are so comfortable and confident.  I am also so proud of the way your sister and you handled everything with swim team.  You both are very mature and kind and able to work things out.  You are so lucky to have each other.  

I can’t believe you are NINE!  I can’t believe you are going into third grade (my favorite grade).  With each year, I cherish and love you more and more.  I wish I could freeze time and keep you young, but then am so amazed and proud of you each day you get older. 

I love you with all my heart!


Mommy



To My Dearest Darling Emma,

NINE! You are NINE!  And you are witty and sassy and silly as can be.  Watching your silly little personality develop is amazing.  I don’t know if you learn it from your friends or if your friends are learning it from you.  It is quite funny to witness.  You continue to do well in everything you try; school, friends, sports, you do it all with an ease that is hard to describe.  You still blow me away with your skateboarding and your determination to learn new tricks and do them well.  I loved watching you play soccer, basketball and softball this year.  You weren’t afraid to try and always did your best.  You are quite the miss social, you are always surrounded by friends and seem to get along with everyone.  You are making friends that will last you your lifetime.  I love how you get along with your sister and brother even when they don’t always get along with each other.  You always watch out for them and make sure they are happy or have what they need.  I am so proud of the big girl you are turning into.  I love watching you grow in all ways and know that you will continue to grow into an amazing person.  Some days I wish I could turn you back into a two year old, but i know I can’t.  Watching you get older breaks my heart and makes me so proud all at the same time.  

I just know that this next year will be amazing for you.  Third grade was my favorite to teach and I would have loved to have a girl just like you in my class.  

I love you with all my heart!

Mommy

No comments: