Friday, August 30, 2013

Can't believe our little guy is TWO!!!

Seriously, how did this happen?




To my Dearest Darling Son,

What an amazing year!  You have grown so much in the last year in ways I didn’t think possible for such a little guy. You continue to make everyone you come across smile.  Your smile is the biggest most contagious smile I have ever seen on any child.  No one is capable of feeling sad or upset when you are around, it just isn’t possible.  

A year ago you were still unable to walk but now you are running and running fast.  And if you aren’t running, you are jumping.  In fact you talk about running and jumping all day long. “Ready, set, go” often comes out of your mouth as you take off as does “good jump” after a leap off furniture or a stair.  You want to keep up with your sisters so much, you just don’t stop.  You try and often succeed at climbing what they climb even if it is to get to the top of a very high, steep slide. And if your sisters go down head first, so do you with no fear of what is at the bottom.  I have even caught you going head first lying on your back without any possible way to stop yourself at the bottom.  But you always pop up and go again.  If you fall you pop up, say “I’m okay” and off you go. I am pretty sure you got the “I’m okay” from Emma as that is what she says anytime she trips, falls, or bumps into a wall.  

In fact most of your words and phrases you have picked up from your sisters.  You constantly repeat what they say and it is so funny and cute even when it doesn’t make any sense.  Yelling “smart car” in the car still gets a giggle out of everyone.  Although now one of your favorite conversations in the car is about trucks. You see a truck, shout “Whoa” then ask “momma, you see it?”.  “See it?” gets used anytime you see and point out airplanes, helicopters, boats, balls, anything that sparks your interest.  Your language development has been so fun to witness the last couple months.  Everyday you put together new sentences and share your thoughts and feelings in a new way. My favorite is the “I wuv vue” I get every night when putting you to bed.  

Along with your language development has come your ability to sing and memorize songs.  We have never been good teaching you or singing children’s songs with you.  Instead you listen to mainstream radio in the car and around the house.  Daddy likes to show you music videos on You Tube and a video for the song Daylight by Maroon 5 caught your attention immediately and quickly became one of your favorites.  I often have to play the song or video to calm you when you are upset or to distract you from something.  You often demand to hear it in the car and have also started listening to it at bed time.  And every time you hear it, you sing along.  Even if it isn’t playing, you often sing it.  Another new favorite and often requested song is Thrift Shop by Macklemore but you like to call it “what what”. And of course you sing along and dance too.  I find you singing along to almost every song played on the radio, Macklemore, Maroon 5, Lumineers, if it gets played regularly, you probably know the words.

You are still my little snuggler and mama’s boy.  I love that you still want to snuggle after you wake up from your naps.  When you rest your head on my shoulder or chest my heart just melts.  I could sit like that forever and breathe you in. 

Happy second birthday to the craziest, happiest, sweetest, most lovable little blonde guy I know.  I can’t wait to see all you learn in the next year.  

I love you with all my heart.

Mommy

No comments: