Saturday, September 3, 2011

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails…

That’s what little BOYS are made of!

Our bouncing Baby BOY Benjamin James blessed us with his early arrival Tuesday, August 30th at 3:43 pm. Weighing 7lbs 3.4oz, and 18.25 in long.  He is perfect and managed to stay in my belly long enough to be considered full term at 37wks 4days. 
I had a cesarean section scheduled for September 12th, possibly the 9th but had a feeling I would have the baby a few days before that.  I did not expect to have an August baby though.  I woke up Tuesday morning with the plan to run errands and get some last minute baby items.  I woke up with some contractions but had been having contractions for weeks, so I didn’t think much of it.  Then the contractions started to hurt a little more.  With each contractions I began to lose a little fluid and no, I wasn’t peeing myself.  I thought about calling the doctor but knew I had an appointment on Wednesday so I figured I could wait a day.  But then it kept happening.  At 8:45, I called Nana and told her that I needed her.  I decided it was best to call the doctor and figure out what was happening.  Nana was on her way but wouldn’t be able to make it until about 10:30 as the drive from Gig Harbor to Seattle isn’t quick.  I called Aunite Katie for back-up until Nana could get there.  Auntie Katie was heading to tutor a student, but Uncle Ryan was able to come hang with the girls.  I jumped in the shower and then called the doctor.  They told me to come into the office and if I needed, they would walk me over to the hospital.  I got in the car and began to drive.  Thinking I would see what the doctor said before alarming Daddy.  About five minutes into my drive, it hit me that I was probably not coming home.  I immediately called Chad and then sent him a text to call me asap.  I don’t think he expected me to say I thought my water broke and I was on my way to the doctor. Well, I showed up at the doctor and sure enough she confirmed that yes indeed, my water broke!  It still feels weird saying “my water broke”.  My birth with the girls was planned and this one was supposed to be too.  Going into actual labor was not what I had expected.  I was wheeled over to labor and delivery where Daddy met me and we waited to hear what the plan was.  We were final told that I would be having my c-section at 2pm, which then got bumped to 3pm.  So just after 3pm, I was wheeled into the OR and the process of Ben’s birth began.  Right before the surgery began I looked at Chad and asked “what do you think”?  “Another girl” was his reply.  A few minutes later, we heard the cry, Daddy stood up, looked over the curtain and said “Boy, it’s a boy!” I think we were both shocked.  I began to cry, and daddy walked over to watch him get cleaned up and weighed.  The surprise was perfect and as hard as it was to not find out what we were having, I am so glad we waited.  I will never forget that moment.  \



IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!!P1000830
Benjamin James 7lbs 3.4oz, 3:43pm, August 30, 2011P1000832
Daddy has a son.            P1000833                                     Hey there little guyP1000834
Very proud daddaP1000838
IMG_9924IMG_9969P1000848IMG_9952                             Meeting Nana and Auntie KendraIMG_9930IMG_9928IMG_9943                                 Papa has another grandson.IMG_9957
Here come the crazy sisters, excited to meet their new baby brother.IMG_9975
Madi wasn’t too sure about mommy being in the bed all hooked up to IV’s, and was very curious about her baby brother.IMG_9984
Emma was very excited to meet Baby BenIMG_9988
Daddy and his three little babes.IMG_0002
IMG_0067IMG_0083
Happy Birthday Baby Ben!      IMG_0037
Uncle Ryan and Auntie Katie (Thanks for watching the girls so I could go to the hospital and have Baby Ben)IMG_0057
Nap time with daddyIMG_0097
Awake for a brief momentIMG_0115
Waiting to go home           IMG_0130IMG_0117
All set and ready for the world. P1000865

1 comment:

pittmanfamilyblog said...

I love him! So fun to have a surprise :) The pic of Ben asleep on you ALMOST makes me want another, just heavenly. Lots of love to you all!